
Now, I have super-straight hair. You may ask, "why on earth would you buy a straightening iron?" Well, because they CURL straight hair! Confused? Yeah, I was too. It's silly, really. But these things work soooooooo much better than the old, antiquated, obsolete curling irons of my youth.
For those of you "mature" enough to remember, we used to use curling irons that were in the shape of a barrel. You would take the iron to end of each hair section, clip the hair with the attached clip, and roll the hair down to the root. I personally would leave each roll in there for a couple minutes in order to heat up the entire section. This would take approximately an hour. Later on, they came out with curling brushes that would work like a round brush to curl each section of hair. You would get softer curls with this device, and it would take just as long to do.
So I was at TJMaxx, my FAVORITE store in the whole wide world, and stopped to look at their display of straightening irons. They had this fancy-schmancy Rusk model on clearance, and I broke down and bought one. I remember my hairdresser using one of these on my hair when it was real short to add some lift & volume, so I thought, why not? I'll see what this bad boy does.
I came home and searched You Tube for demonstration videos. Just about anything you want to learn, you can learn from You Tube. I have learned how to make pizza crust, how to cut my hair in a plunging bob, how to highlight my own hair (although I failed miserably), how to play just about any song on the piano, and the list goes on. So I found a demo on there & learned how to curl hair with a straightening iron.
So here it is....



It's really quite easy. It took me maybe 10 minutes. You take a section and start at the base. Then, just clamp the hair between the two plates and pull it while bending the iron down, very much like curling ribbon on the edge of a scissor.
Nice, huh?




I love it!!! It adds so much depth to your haircut and really compliments your features well!
ReplyDeleteLove it! I bought one years ago and it was the best investment because it really straightens or curls thick hair. That was always my issue but I'm glad you're happy! It looks great! And, I love TJ Maxx too!!! :)
ReplyDelete