SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

Monday, January 17, 2011

Our Home at Christmas

This is our fireplace.  I found a retro color wheel at Hartville Hardware a couple years ago & just had to have it.  I pointed it at the fireplace this past Christmas & watched the colors turn from green to red.  Totally psychedelic, man!  It looked really pretty. 
 I also like to put a Nativity scene on the mantel, instead of having it under the tree.  If you've ever been in our house on a normal day, you would understand why.  I can just picture Conan whipping around the corner in one of his Poodle frenzies, and sending Joseph flying into the wall.  This way, everyone is safe.



Now here is our "Grinch" Christmas tree.  Doesn't it look like a tree that the Whos in Whoville had?  It's wild and wacky, just like me.  We always get a live tree for the living room.  This time, the plastic tree stand cracked and wouldn't hold water.  Thankfully, it happened just a week before Christmas, so we didn't have to sit there with a dead tree for too long.  Each year, after we take all our decorations off the tree, we get the biggest kick out of hurling the tree out the front door, like a couple of hillbillies.  I don't know why it's fun, it just is.  Then, when the weather breaks, we light the tree on fire in our fire pit and watch it go up in flames.  I'm telling you, it doesn't take much to amuse us.

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! You have such an "eye" for decorating. And I can just picture you and Uncle Peeps chucking the tree out the door! You guys are great. :o)

    ReplyDelete