SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

Monday, September 20, 2010

Cushing's Disease


Some of you already know that my beautiful baby girl, Jayne, was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. This incurable, but treatable disease affects the adrenal glands, and the amount of cortisol they produce. She is on medication now, but her symptoms need to be closely monitored to make sure she has the correct dosage. The picture above was taken a couple of years ago, before she was diagnosed. Notice how thick and healthy her coat was. Also, check out her massive girth.

The picture below was taken just yesterday. Her fur has begun to shed by the bushels. She's thin now, except for her huge belly.


I'm told by several members of an online canine Cushing's support group that this fur loss is normal after treatment has begun. I'm also encouraged that the fur will grow back with a vengeance. Hopefully, it will grow back soon, or I am going to have to buy her some sweaters.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...hopefully she will be feeling better soon!!! Poor puppy!

    ReplyDelete