Happy Anniversary, Peeps!"Peeps" is Jim's nickname. It has been for the past 20 years. Jim's friend, Jimco, used to call him "P", so I added the "eeps" at the end because I thought it sounded cute. So Jim has been Peeps ever since. I think it suits him.
Anyway, today we have been married 20 years. Isn't that incredible? To quote my dear ladyfriend, Mrs. Larsen, upon being asked if she ever thought of divorcing her husband: "I've thought of killing him plenty of times, but never divorcing him." Mrs. Larsen owns the MillBreck Nursery, next door to where I work. Just this past year, her husband of 60 or so years passed away. Every morning, she looks out her window and waits for me to arrive so she can wave to me and scold me if I am late. If she sees that I bring Conan, she stops in with a plate of lunch meat for him & feeds it to him as he sits on the counter. She's a lovely lady, full of vim and vigor at 81 years old. She still wears makeup, too. Eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara & lipstick. She's absolutely beautiful. I plan to be just like her when I grow up.
Time sure goes by quickly. It seems like just last week I was walking down the steps at the old house on Effie to say "I do" to Jim "Peeps" Pavlinsky. The pastor said "We have gathered today to join Jim and Lisa in holy matrimony." So, Jim is evidently married to some chick named Lisa & we've been living in sin all these years.
We might go to our favorite place, PF Chang's, tonight. We usually order the Wonton Soup, Chang's Spicy Chicken, Mongolian Beef and Double Pan-Fried Noodles. I highly recommend these dishes.




Great post, Aunt Lori! Loved reading it!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary to one of the greatest couples ever! :o)
Have fun at dinner tonight!
Happy Anniversary to Lori and Jim! Depending on how Chang's is sitting tho, it may be your last. That meal would be our demise.......
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary to Skladoo and Uncle Peeps!
ReplyDeleteI always think of the old OPT gang when I hear PF Chang's - the first time I was there was when we all went out after work one night...I was probably 16! :)
Amy - that was a long time ago! I can't remember who all was there, but I remember Bernie ordering the Pan-Fried Noodles. I tried them & was hooked ever since.
ReplyDeleteCissy - if your system can tolerate a Melt Blue Cheese Burger done medium rare, PF Chang's will be no problem for you.
Thanks, Chrissy!