SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

Monday, September 27, 2010

Why, Lord?

The Bible says that God made the earth and everything in it. Everything under the sun has a purpose. Trees have a purpose, animals have a purpose, water and air definitely have purposes. Even my dogs have a purpose -- to provide unconditional love. I can pretty much think of a purpose for just about everything except....

















...centipedes.

What purpose do these atrocious things serve except to scare the living daylights out of me? Or, perhaps they are the Lord's form of entertainment. Think about it. Wouldn't it be hysterical to be able to watch from above as people go to step into their bathtubs only to find a bug the size of a toy poodle in it?

This little "fella" really was in my bathtub one morning. He was so big that I'm sure he actually had a social security number. I screamed. Loudly. This is probably where it started to be humorous to the Lord. Jim came running. I ran out & got my camera, of all things. I wanted evidence of the thing that was going to cause me to have a heart attack. I thought of getting a rifle, but we did just spend $1000 to have this new bathtub installed. Believe me, if I saw this thing on the basement floor, a "euthanasia" by Drs. Smith & Wesson would have been the way to go.

Jim thought it would be better to drown the sucker. After all, apparently they do come in search of moisture. You want moisture, buddy? You got it! So, Jim ran the scalding hot water & we watched the miniature lobster suffer a bit, then circle the drain a few times until he finally got his share of moisture.

So I think when I get to heaven, I'm not going to inundate the Lord with stupid questions like "did OJ really do it?". I'm going to ask why He made centipedes. And then I'll watch Him laugh.

5 comments:

  1. You have me laughing out loud. This is hilarious. And so very true!!!! Centipedes have traumatized me. They are horrible. And yes, I'm sure God thinks it's quite funny. :o)

    You're great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fricking things don't die. He's crawling back up right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cissy, if I have to pour gasoline all over the house and set it on fire to get rid of this thing, then that's what I'll do. Remember when you wanted to do that when there was a snake in your kitchen? Jeepers!

    Thanks, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That thing is disgusting...I have the wooleez now! Ugh! I can't stand those things. Centipede reactions are hysterical...after the fact. Can you imagine a you tube video of people finding centipedes??? Terrifying, but hysterical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How terrible is that! Ugh! What a way to start your morning!

    ReplyDelete