Tomorrow I will be spending every last minute I can with a dear old friend. I have had the pleasure of visiting with her the past 3 months. We did all sorts of fun things together - swimming, sailing, going to Cedar Point, county fairs, & going out for ice cream. We shared many carefree, come-what-may moments. I am going to miss her so much, but she plans to come back next year. I hope she can stay longer next year. She has been so wonderful to hang out with -- I just don't know how I am going to function without her. I guess all good things must come to an end, but thankfully, this end isn't for good. Goodbye, Summer - have a safe trip down to the southern hemisphere. I'll be waiting for you with arms wide open next June!




I'll definitely miss summer too! Sounds like you had a great one!! Is that picture of you in the sidebar from when you went sailing? It's a great one!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to see summer go, but I have to admit ~ I'm pretty excited about spiced pumpkin candles, leaves changing, soups, spiced pumpkin lattes and the crispness that fall air brings.
Now for winter, that's another story!
That picture was taken out in Vermilion. It was a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteI do like the changing seasons, and even the first big snowfall, but summer just has a special place in my ♥.